Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Kiko Loureiro : Blog Guitar Player new post



Here is an English translation of the latest post from Kiko Loureiro on his Official Blog , regarding the recordings of the new Angra's album "Aqua".

"I describe an intense moment of my career that offers a new challenge: recording another Angra's album.

It will be the seventh album of the band. Even if you count the EPs, live albums, DVDs and versions, this sporadic experience is always a great moment in my life - a reflection of the moment, regarding my wishes, my ideals, a reading of what I think about the style that we have with Angra.

Over the last months, my days summed up by the four walls of Norcal Studios in Sao Paulo. And guitars for the new album were recorded daily to meet the schedule established. Each record is the impression of something that will be forever, and there is a huge probability that mimic these plays in detail for a long time, throughout your career.

Recordings are intense days intense days of shaping and testing that must be documented in audio. These are days during which I changed myself into a little boy and his toys, a conscious psychological regression. For the studio, I took over twenty guitars, seven amplifiers, guitar pedals a and endless fun for an unprecedented numerous of tests - try each sound object is the basis of a sound recording. The secret of a successful album is in this studio's preamble, before the recordings themselves. It's great to be able to afford these trials, tests and unusual connections in all combinations should receive its due attention - testing each guitar with different amplifiers, also changing the thickness of the strings or adding some external effects. Everything influences the way of playing, momentary inspirations and how to improvise, and this catharsis of ideas - created from this moment of leisure - is sealed forever.

For example, I never imagined that 17 years after its recording, I'll still be doing exactly the same (or almost ...) the Carry On solo music, which I improvised in the last moments before mixing the album Angels Cry. If I knew it at the time, might have been nervous about to catch and keep it in place.

The other day I read a comment from Steve Vai in which he said that we must focus on reaching 90% of what we wish, thus it will be possible to achieve 110%. He's right, because the pressure of wanting to reach our maximum possibly generate a discomfort that inhibit the interest of reaching success. Thus, when the flashing red button to Rec, try not to think that that's the only chance of success, and what which must live is perfection. Just enjoy the opportunity and make your music."

For more news : Kiko Loureiro Official Blog